Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aussie Curves - RED





I thought it was about time I joined the blogging world and what better way to get started than to join a weekly FATshion challenge to keep me motivated. 

I love clothing, shoes, jewellery, makeup, shopping, socks, hairdressers, tights, frilly undies, you name it I am into it. Except I am a total amateur when it comes to putting an outfit together, I know nothing about makeup except that it sticks to my face and most of the time my outfits range from crazy coloured clown to black on black rock chick. I am fickle with my style and I don't read fashion magazines. I spend my time immersed in art books or covered in paint. Most of the time I am evil to my clothes. I am rough with them, I get whatever medium I am working with all over them and God help me I dress for comfort. What I love about dressing myself is it's a major part of my life, I do it everyday (mostly) and outfits or individual items have the power to make me feel confident, classy, and best of all my favourite feeling sexy as hell. So welcome to my world Autour Couture...

*little note Autour means ROUND in French and couture was a rhyming fashion term I figured sounded good, but I should add that I don't sew either, so couture is probably a total lie.

My first week in the Aussie Curves challenge - RED.

THE RED SHOES


I must admit that this week I am away from home with only my trusty favourites stuffed into my suitcase, so actually putting an ensemble together wasn't going to be an option. Thankfully my trusty favourite red ballet flats are always a part of my easy go anywhere outfit. It seems totally appropriate that one my favourite films as a child was The Red Shoes and I wonder if subconsciously it influenced me when I bought them.










I love my red ballet flats
because I can and do wear
them with just about anything,
dresses, skirts, shorts, leggings
but I think they look their happiest
complimenting my tight black jeans.














The other red style motif I take everywhere with me is my hair. For years my hair was dark brown/almost black and recently I thought it was time for a change.

I love how shiny and bright it gets in the sun, and while having bright red hair sometimes compliments my clothing colour choices it never excludes any.

















Next week I promise a little more of me than my feet and my head... 



For those who are interested my red shoes are from the Diana Ferrari outlet that is WAY too close to my house and my hair was done by the lovely Tracey from DTM on High St in Thornbury.



9 comments:

  1. looking good georgia! love the hair. and red ballet flats with black skinny jeans is killer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what's not to love about red flats, seriously! Looking forward to getting to know you more as we go along. Your about me info has me desperately wanting more. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad to see you have started a blog.
    I am not terribly interested in fashion, I value my sleep and tend to wear whatever is within reach when it is time to get dressed in the morning!
    But you have always been a snappy dresser so I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Are you going to do this everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiiii Georgia! So awesome you're in on the challenge. I'm Mele from NSW and you are the first female Aboriginal blogger that I have met so I'm excited. Even though I'm not Aboriginal I grew up on Wreck Bay which is a beautiful Aboriginal community on the south coast of NSW. Have you heard of it or been there?
    I spent my first years teaching out at a remote Indigenous school and I hope to work specifically in Indigenous Education later in my teaching career....Sorry for the longggggg spill but you listed too many great things (art and a fat cat) for me not to come and introduce myself properly because I will probs be on your page ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red flats. They look super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo for new blogs, I feel like a proud mumma bear :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome welcome to the wild world of blogging.. your flats are super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shoes are divine. :-) Hope you enjoy blogging!
    Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyy red ballets are the best and so close to a DF outlet must be torture LOL, LOL. The tinge of red in your hair is beautiful. I was a redhead till I went a la naturale and yes it's true redheads do have more fun ;) Great to see you here, have a wonderful week;

    ReplyDelete